Thursday, October 7, 2010

Spoilt for Choice: Browsers

Luckily there are a number of very good browsers out there now to choose from, but as I am a lazy creature of habit my browser of choice for some time already is FireFox. Occasionally, I use Internet Explorer 8. I have also downloaded Google Chrome, but it is leading a sad rarely used live on my PC.

What I like particular about FireFox are the Add-ons you can install. These are a few I am currently using:

- FireFTP : Easy to use FTP client

- Web Developer: Adds a menu and toolbar with various web developer tools

- Flagfox: Displays a country flag depicting the location of the current website's server

- Xmarks: Synchronises your bookmarks between devices

Unfortunately, Xmarks that always kept my booksmarks in sync between devices and browsers might soon shut down: Xmarks Sync NOT Dead Yet :-(

I look forward to read your browser experiences! Maybe I can be convinced to try out a new browser.


No comments:

Post a Comment