Saturday, October 30, 2010

Why I choose the Applied Digital Media course

I have chosen the Applied Digital Media course at Griffith College because it is the course that most closely resembled my interests.

Firstly, I always wanted to learn in more detail about creating web pages and good design techniques. I am interested in both the design and the technical aspect of creating web pages and both are covered in this course.

Secondly, I am interested in animation, 3-D modelling and video production. I have experimented in those areas and look forward to engaging more closely with them. My aim would be to converge these 3 skills and produce a short film that uses video technology with CG technology to create special effects and animations.

Thirdly, from a social point of view, I wonder what influence the digital revolution has on, as I am very fascinated about all the new technologies and rapid advances of new media. However, I am also from a generation that can very well remember a time before email and mobile phones and I am aware of the problems that can arise from the constant exposure to digital media.

With regard to what I want to achieve with this course: I firstly hope that the broad range of multimedia subjects covered in this course will give my flexibility in finding a job digital media sector. I consider the course a great opportunity to expand my knowledge in those areas, like web design and animation. My ultimate goal would be to become self employed as a digital- / multi-media artist designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment